Category Archives: Mid-Range

Golden-Gate

Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary

Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary (GGBTS) is an institution established by the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) to train men and women for Christian ministry. GGBTS is a system five fully accredited regional campuses located throughout the West: Northern California campus in Mill Valley CA, Southern California in Brea CA, Arizona campus in Scottsdale AZ, Pacific Northwest campus in Vancouver WA, and Rocky Mountain campus in Centennial CO. Known as one of the most multi-cultural seminaries in the world, GGBTS’ diversity enables it to equip and challenge its students to more effective ministry leadership in the 21st century. As a Southern Baptist seminary, GGBTS teach in accordance with and not contrary to the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.

Dr. Jeff P. Iorg is the current president of Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary. He also teaches leadership, preaching, and church ministry courses at GGBTS.

Evangelical-Theological

Evangelical Seminary

Evangelical Seminary is a graduate school and interdenominational seminary located in Myerstown, Pennsylvania. This seminary develops servant leaders for transformational ministry in a broken and complex world by nurturing rigorous minds, passionate hearts, and Christ-centered actions.

The Evangelical Congregational (EC) Church traces its roots to the conversion of Jacob Albright, a Pennsylvania German farmer, in a Methodist class meeting His conviction was to bring the Christian faith to his neighbors at a time when the Methodist Church did not allow worship services to be conducted in the German language. His converts took the name Evangelische Gemeinschaft (Evangelical Association) in 1816, and the church prospered until the 1890s, when a large minority of the Association re-organized as the United Evangelical (UE) Church in 1894.

Throughout the Great Depression and World War II, EC denominational leaders kept alive the vision of an evangelical Wesleyan Arminian theological seminary. In 1953 Evangelical Congregational School of Theology opened on the Myerstown campus with two full-time and three part-time professors and twelve students. The seminary received approval from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1957 to grant the Bachelor of Divinity degree (changed to Master of Divinity in 1970) and in 1979 the Master of Arts in Religion degree.

The seminary continued to offer courses at off-site locations like Allentown, Lancaster, and Hershey, PA and at Messiah College in Grantham, PA and experimented with distance learning. Concern for training of persons beyond the traditional degree programs resulted in the introduction of Graduate Certificates in various areas of ministry (2006) and formation of the Center for Leadership Impact (2009). In 2007 the school was renamed became Evangelical Theological Seminary, and in 2011, shortened the name to simply Evangelical Seminary. Over the course of the last half-century Evangelical Seminary has served Christ and His church in preparing men and women for Christian vocations. Now with a student body of nearly 200 from over twenty denominations and independent churches, Evangelical strives to “develop servant leaders for effective ministry in a broken and complex world” with John Wesley’s concern for “rigorous minds, passionate heats, and Christ-centered actions.” With alumni in many countries and diverse forms of ministry, Evangelical Seminary continues to expand its vision of service.

Anderson-University

Anderson University School of Theology

Anderson University School of Theology is the only seminary of the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana). Our ongoing relationship with our sponsoring church is valued, and a vital partnership necessary for providing spiritual leaders for the church in the 21st century. The seminary community is also enriched by the variety of church backgrounds and ethnic heritage of its students, faculty, and staff.

Anderson University was founded by and is supported by the Church of God, with headquarters in Anderson, Ind. Founded in 1917, the school was a major step in the life of a young and vigorous fellowship of Christians which had originated about 1880. This fellowship, which took on a common New Testament name, often describes itself as a reformation movement. Its vision was to preach and live out a message of holiness and to invite believers into a body united by a common experience in the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

Anderson University has grown to comprise an undergraduate liberal arts program, organized into two colleges and three schools, a graduate School of Theology, and a center for adult education (the School of Adult Learning). The university offers several graduate degree programs, including the Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.), Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Master of Education (M.Ed.), and Master of Music Education (M.M.E.) degrees, and a dual Master of Science in Nursing – Master of Business Administration (M.S.N. – M.B.A.) degree. More than 2,800 students and nearly 300 instructional and professional staff comprise the community.

Bethel-Seminary-Washington-DC

Bethel Seminary (DC)

One of two training centers of the Bethel Seminary of the East. Bethel Seminary of the East trains students in the dense populations of New England and Washington, D.C. These convenient teaching centers make seminary education accessible – allowing students to stay in their local communities and ministries.

Bethel University hold programs in existing churches to give students an opportunity to engage in mentorship and community building. Plus, the resources we would use on facilities are channeled right into developing our students.

Bethel University is affiliated with and supported by the congregations of the Baptist General Conference. Fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission—North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the university is also a member of the Christian College Consortium.

Bethel University began in Chicago, Illinois as a seminary for Baptist immigrants from Sweden. John Alexis Edgren opened a department for Scandinavian theological students in the fall of 1871 in the basement of First Swedish Baptist Church in Chicago starting in 1871. The seminary merged with Bethel Academy in Saint Paul, Minnesota in 1914. In 1931 the Academy became Bethel Junior College. The addition of a four-year liberal arts college program created Bethel College and Seminary in 1947. The school relocated from St. Paul to Arden Hills, Minnesota in 1972. Beginning in 2004, the institution changed its name to Bethel University.

Bethel-Seminary-Auburn

Bethel Seminary of the East

Bethel Seminary of the East trains students in the dense populations of New England and Washington, D.C. These convenient teaching centers make seminary education accessible – allowing students to stay in their local communities and ministries.

Bethel University hold programs in existing churches to give students an opportunity to engage in mentorship and community building. Plus, the resources we would use on facilities are channeled right into developing our students.

Bethel University is affiliated with and supported by the congregations of the Baptist General Conference. Fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission—North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the university is also a member of the Christian College Consortium.

Bethel University began in Chicago, Illinois as a seminary for Baptist immigrants from Sweden. John Alexis Edgren opened a department for Scandinavian theological students in the fall of 1871 in the basement of First Swedish Baptist Church in Chicago starting in 1871. The seminary merged with Bethel Academy in Saint Paul, Minnesota in 1914. In 1931 the Academy became Bethel Junior College. The addition of a four-year liberal arts college program created Bethel College and Seminary in 1947. The school relocated from St. Paul to Arden Hills, Minnesota in 1972. Beginning in 2004, the institution changed its name to Bethel University.

Bethel-Seminary-San-Diego

Bethel Seminary – San Diego

Serving students in the southwestern United States, Bethel Seminary San Diego is situated on a beautiful campus in Southern California. Currently, the seminary occupies a 20,000 square-foot seminary building that house offices, classrooms, a student center and expanded library facilities with more than 80,000 volumes. Its 300 women and men represent a wide diversity of ages, cultures, vocations, and denominational backgrounds making the seminary experience valuable in ways beyond the classroom.

Although Bethel Seminary is affiliated with Converge Worldwide (Baptist General Conference), they also serve students from more than 50 other denominations. Dr. John R. Lillis is the Dean and Executive Officer of Bethel Seminary San Diego and has served in those positions since 2001. Under his leadership, enrollment has increased dramatically, the number of masters degrees offered has nearly doubled, and the school has added a doctoral degree program.

Phoenix-Seminary

Phoenix Seminary

Phoenix Seminary is an Inter/Multidenominational, evangelical, Protestant, Christian seminary established in 1987 in Phoenix, Arizona. Our campus is located in Central Phoenix with opportunities for multi-cultural and multi-generational ministries. Phoenix Seminary is where hundreds of men and women have embarked upon the most important journey of their lives.

Phoenix Seminary has been fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS) since 2002. Additionally, Phoenix Seminary is in the process of obtaining accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.

The seminary offers several degrees approved by ATS. These include: Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Biblical Leadership, and Doctor of Ministry. The seminary also partners with Ottawa University in a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling program. The seminary also offers a Graduate Diploma in Biblical and Theological Studies.

Classes were held at the former Scottsdale campus from 2000 through 2005. In 2005, Phoenix Seminary purchased and moved its campus to a new building in central Phoenix. In 2008, the Center for Women with Vision opened.

Phoenix Seminary is not just another accredited, graduate theological seminary. We have embraced unique distinctives since our inception more than 20 years ago. We believe excellence is a matter of mind and heart.

Providence-Theological

Providence Theological Seminary

Providence Theological Seminary is an evangelical institution whose purpose is to serve the Church, in the accomplishment of its mission, by preparing and supporting leaders, developing resources, and facilitating theological reflection.

Providence began in Winnipeg in 1925 as Winnipeg Bible Training School, the vision of Rev. H.L. Turner. The name was soon changed to Winnipeg Bible Institute. Over the next 45 years it remained a small but academically vibrant school. It received a provincial charter to grant theological degrees in 1949 and was renamed Winnipeg Bible Institute and College of Theology. In 1963 the college moved to a full degree-granting program and was again re-named, this time to Winnipeg Bible College, a name it retained until 1991.

In 1970, Winnipeg Bible College faced a financial and enrolment crisis. The building it was occupying in Winnipeg was slated for destruction and the school needed a new home. That new home turned out to be St. Joseph’s College, a Roman Catholic high school in Otterburne which had been closed a few years previously. The college moved there in the fall of 1970 with 70 students enrolled for classes. Within a few years the school had grown to 300 full-time students.

In 1972 a longtime dream became reality with the formation of a graduate division called Providence Theological Seminary. Since that time, the seminary has become one of Canada’s most respected interdenominational seminaries, with full membership in the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).

As early as 1931, President Rev. Forsberg, stated that “academic excellence and spiritual vitality should go hand in hand.” He envisioned strengthening the school through the addition of liberal arts and his vision continues. In the 1960s, Rev. Elmer Towns pushed Providence to “greater academic excellence while still maintaining a high level of Spirituality.” More liberal arts courses were added throughout our history and in 1991, a transferability arrangement was achieved with the University of Manitoba. At present, by far the majority of our College courses are transferable to public university programs across Canada and beyond.

In 1992, in an effort to more accurately represent both its theological roots and its broad academic program, the school’s name was changed to Providence College and Theological Seminary. The name is steeped in tradition — one of its buildings was named Providence House — and it also speaks of God’s provision for the school over its 80 years of providing the best in Christian education.

Grand-Rapids

Grand Rapids Theological Seminary

Grand Rapids Theological Seminary (GRTS) of Cornerstone University is a multidenominational evangelical Christian seminary located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. GRTS is an accredited member of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and is authorized by the Michigan State Board of Education to grant advanced theological degrees.

Grand Rapids Theological Seminary had its humble beginnings as an evening Bible institute at Wealthy Street Baptist Church in 1941. The Bible institute became a degree granting institution in 1963 and moved to its present location in 1964. The institution became a Christian liberal arts college in 1972 and became a state-approved university in 1999. Today Cornerstone University and Grand Rapids Theological Seminary share a 123-acre (0.50 km2) campus four miles (6 km) east of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. The campus currently supports the undergraduate college, with programs for traditional students as well as accelerated degree programs, graduate programs including Grand Rapids Theological Seminary and Asia Baptist Theological Seminary based in Thailand, and Cornerstone University Radio.

Grand Rapids Theological Seminary exists primarily to advance biblical knowledge and ministry skill, to encourage the development of critical thinking and worldview formation, to nurture a global ministry perspective, and to enhance culturally relevant ministry.

Today, Cornerstone and GRTS share a 130-acre campus less than five miles from downtown Grand Rapids and operate under a single board of trustees and university president. The seminary is located in the Leon J. Wood Seminary Building, which opened in 1977, and it has its own administrative staff and faculty.

Capital-Bible

Capital Bible Seminary

Founded as the graduate school to Washington Bible College, Capital Bible Seminary was established in 1958 to provide theological education in a graduate level, preparing Christian men and women for effective Christian leadership in a multicultural contexts around the world. The Seminary offers its graduate level programs at the main campus in Greenbelt, Maryland and the Virginia Extension in Springfield, Virginia.

Both Washington Bible College and Capital Bible Seminary are unaffiliated with any denominations or association but seeks to function in cooperation with all churches that are committed to the historic, fundamental Christian faith, and that share its standards, ideals and goals. The Seminary currently offers a Biblical Studies Certificate, a Certificate in Christian Counseling and Discipleship, a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree (Biblical Studies, Christian Counseling and Discipleship, and Ministry Leadership), a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree, and a Master of Theology (Th.M.) degree.

Dr. George M. Harton serves as the current president of Washington Bible College and Capital Bible Seminary.