Category Archives: Limited

Reputaion

Redeemer-Theological

Redeemer Seminary

Redeemer Seminary (also known as Redeemer Theological Seminary or the Westminster Texas Campus) is an Evangelical, Reformed, Christian theological seminary based in Dallas, Texas with branches in Houston and Austin.

Since 1929 Westminster Theological Seminary has been training “specialists in the Bible” who minister the gospel worldwide. In 1999 Westminster began a Texas Campus to extend the knowledge of the glory of God in Christ through offering theological education grounded in the seminary’s core values and serving churches and communities in the Southwestern United States. By God’s grace, the Texas Campus has graduated students who now serve churches and ministries across the United States. In 2009 Westminster Theological Seminary launched its Texas Campus as Redeemer Seminary, an independent institution which shares the core values and theological commitments upon which Westminster was founded. Westminster concludes its M.Div. and M.A.R. programs in Texas in cooperation with Redeemer during the transition. New students enroll as Redeemer Seminary students.

The purpose of Redeemer Seminary is to form men for the gospel ministry, who shall truly believe, and cordially love, and therefore endeavor to propagate and defend, in its genuineness, simplicity, and fullness, the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ as revealed in the inerrant and infallible Word of God and summarized in that system of religious belief and practice which is set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms and which is integrally related to the fundamental principles of Presbyterian church government; thereby, cultivating and sustaining genuine Christian devotion with sound learning.

Midwestern-Baptist

Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary

Located in Kansas City, Missouri, Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (MBTS) is a graduate school institution which serves a community of higher learning persons called to ministry. MBTS seeks to dramatically transform students by renewing their minds with biblical truth, impacting their hearts with a passion for ministry, and enriching their souls with deepened Christ-likeness. MBTS currently offers Master of Divinity, Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Education, Doctor of Ministry, Master of Arts, Bachelor of Science degrees, Associates degrees and certificates. So far, MBTS has awarded more than 3,500 theological degrees.

MBTS is one of the six official seminaries of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) and is governed by a board of 35 trustees who are elected by SBC. The trustees, in turn elect faculty members and administrative officers. Upon election of the faculty, each professor subscribes to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 statement adopted by the SBC in 2000.

Dr. Jason K. Allen became the fifth president in 2012 of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He was the youngest seminary president in the SBC and one of the youngest presidents in American higher education.

Cincinnati-Christian

Cincinnati Bible Seminary

Cincinnati Christian University (formerly Cincinnati Bible College and Seminary) is a private Christian University in Cincinnati, Ohio. It is supported by the Christian churches and churches of Christ, which are part of the Restoration Movement.

Cincinnati Bible Seminary is one of the graduate schools at Cincinnati Christian University. The Seminary offers graduate degree programs in Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Counseling and Master of Arts in Religion.

Pentecostal-Theological

Pentecostal Theological Seminary

The Pentecostal Theological Seminary is dedicated to preparing pastors and training ministerial leaders for global evangelization. Over twelve hundred Seminary graduates serve in strategic locations and lead ministries to fulfill the urgent world-wide mission of the church.

From its inception, the Seminary has shared library resources with Lee University. In the Fall of 1981, the Seminary doubled the holdings in religion with the purchase of 27,000 volumes. The Pentecostal Resource Center houses the William G. Squires Library and serves both the Seminary and Lee University. It is also an archive for the Church of God and the international Pentecostal Research Center. The library currently contains approximately 154,000 volumes. Following the election of Dr. Cecil B. Knight at the 1982 General Assembly as Assistant General Overseer, Dr. Lewis J. Willis was appointed President. The enrollment continued to grow in the Fall.

With the dedication of the Thurman J. Curtsinger Ministry Center on September 28, 1995, the Seminary effectively doubled its campus workspace. This accomplishment speaks to the honor of a noted churchman who endowed the project, to the leadership that has brought it to pass, and to the passion, dedication, and reputation of a highly qualified faculty. In 1997, the Board of Directors, in keeping with the earliest rationale for the school and its unique denominational mission, changed the name of the school to Church of God Theological Seminary.

In May of 1998, Dr. Donald M. Walker, a Seminary alumnus, was selected as President. He and his wife, Jacquelyn, gave themselves tirelessly to secure finances and a record enrollment at the Seminary. President Walker arrived at the Seminary in the middle of the self-study for reaffirmation of accreditation and worked to make this a reality. During his tenure, ATS and SACS reaffirmed the accreditation of the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Discipleship and Christian Formation, and the Master of Arts in Church Ministries degrees for ten years, and approved the Doctor of Ministry degree. Along with his wife, they increased endowment scholarships to $6 million, making it possible for more ministers to be fully equipped for ministry in the twenty-first century, and established 3 new endowed chairs.

Oral-Roberts

Oral Roberts University Graduate School of Theology & Ministry

Oral Roberts University (ORU) ,based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in the United States, is an interdenominational, Charismatic Christian, comprehensive university with an enrollment of about 3,790 students from 49 U.S. states along with a significant number of international students from 70 countries. Founded in 1963, the university is named for its late founder, evangelist Oral Roberts, and is the largest Charismatic Christian university in the world.

The school fronts on South Lewis Avenue between East 75th Street and East 81st Street in South Tulsa. Sitting on a 500-acre (2.0 km2) campus, ORU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), and offers over 65 undergraduate degree programs along with a number of masters and doctoral degrees. ORU is classified as Doctoral/Research University by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. ORU was also ranked as one of 123 institutions in the 2009 “Best in the West” regional list produced by The Princeton Review.

According to the university it was founded by Oral Roberts in 1963 “as a result of the evangelist Oral Roberts’ obeying God’s mandate to build a university on God’s authority and the Holy Spirit. God’s commission to Oral Roberts was to ‘Raise up your students to hear My voice, to go where My light is dim, where My voice is heard small, and My healing power is not known, even to the uttermost bounds of the earth. Their work will exceed yours, and in this I am well pleased’.” The first students enrolled in 1965.

The school was accredited in 1971 by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. It is also accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. Oral Roberts’ son Richard Roberts was named president in 1993. In October 2007 Roberts took a leave of absence, citing a lawsuit filed by former ORU professors. Tulsa evangelist Billy Joe Daugherty and Oral Roberts were named executive regent and interim president of the university amid a widely publicized scandal and Richard Roberts resigned the following month.

In October 2007 the school was reportedly “struggling financially” with over $50 million in debt. ORU’s operating budget for 2007-2008 was more than $82 million. However, in the second quarter of 2009, the university’s debt was reduced to $720,000 as of result of a number of simultaneous efforts including a $70 million gift from the Green family of Oklahoma City and the $25 Million Dollar Matching Campaign, a part of the university’s Renewing the Vision effort. On September 23, 2009, it was announced at the end of the university’s chapel service that all of the university’s long-term debt obligations had been met and the school was debt-free.

In January 2009, the university’s presidential search committee recommended Dr. Mark Rutland, President of Southeastern University in Florida, to succeed Richard Roberts, which the Board of Trustees approved. Rutland took office on July 1, 2009 as the third president.

ORU’s graduate program in Theology and Ministry is focused solely on developing men and women of God who are leaders in Christian ministry, both for service in churches throughout the United States and in churches and missions worldwide. The program is an international school including students representing many nations in attendance. The education you receive through the graduate program will immerse you deeply in the teachings of the Bible and equip you with the theological training you need to confidently lead others in the path directed by the Holy Spirit.

Evangelical-Theological

Evangelical Seminary

Evangelical Seminary is a graduate school and interdenominational seminary located in Myerstown, Pennsylvania. This seminary develops servant leaders for transformational ministry in a broken and complex world by nurturing rigorous minds, passionate hearts, and Christ-centered actions.

The Evangelical Congregational (EC) Church traces its roots to the conversion of Jacob Albright, a Pennsylvania German farmer, in a Methodist class meeting His conviction was to bring the Christian faith to his neighbors at a time when the Methodist Church did not allow worship services to be conducted in the German language. His converts took the name Evangelische Gemeinschaft (Evangelical Association) in 1816, and the church prospered until the 1890s, when a large minority of the Association re-organized as the United Evangelical (UE) Church in 1894.

Throughout the Great Depression and World War II, EC denominational leaders kept alive the vision of an evangelical Wesleyan Arminian theological seminary. In 1953 Evangelical Congregational School of Theology opened on the Myerstown campus with two full-time and three part-time professors and twelve students. The seminary received approval from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1957 to grant the Bachelor of Divinity degree (changed to Master of Divinity in 1970) and in 1979 the Master of Arts in Religion degree.

The seminary continued to offer courses at off-site locations like Allentown, Lancaster, and Hershey, PA and at Messiah College in Grantham, PA and experimented with distance learning. Concern for training of persons beyond the traditional degree programs resulted in the introduction of Graduate Certificates in various areas of ministry (2006) and formation of the Center for Leadership Impact (2009). In 2007 the school was renamed became Evangelical Theological Seminary, and in 2011, shortened the name to simply Evangelical Seminary. Over the course of the last half-century Evangelical Seminary has served Christ and His church in preparing men and women for Christian vocations. Now with a student body of nearly 200 from over twenty denominations and independent churches, Evangelical strives to “develop servant leaders for effective ministry in a broken and complex world” with John Wesley’s concern for “rigorous minds, passionate heats, and Christ-centered actions.” With alumni in many countries and diverse forms of ministry, Evangelical Seminary continues to expand its vision of service.

Wycliffe-College

Wycliffe College

Wycliffe College is an Anglican Church of Canada seminary federated with the University of Toronto. It is evangelical and Low church in orientation. On the other hand, the University of Toronto’s other Anglican college, the University of Trinity College is Anglo-Catholic in outlook. While being an Anglican seminary, Wycliffe College attracts students from many Christian denominations. As a founding member of the Toronto School of Theology, students are free to participate in the wide range of courses from Canada’s largest ecumenical consortium. It trains those pursuing ordination as well as those preparing for academic careers of scholarship and teaching.

Wycliffe College is colloquially referred to as “Yale North” due to the high number of tenured professors who were trained at Yale Divinity School.

The Anglican seminary was founded in 1877 as the Protestant Episcopal Divinity School, by the Church Association of the Diocese of Toronto, a lay Evangelical group at the Cathedral Church of St. James. The name Wycliffe College, inspired by the English theologian John Wycliffe, was given first to the college’s building and then to the college itself.

To ensure its long-term viability, Wycliffe College began considering various forms of union with the University of Toronto towards the end of the 19th century. Wycliffe College became affiliated with the University of Toronto in 1885 and federated in 1889.

In 1969 the Toronto School of Theology (TST) was created as an independent federation of 7 schools of theology, including the divinity faculties of Wycliffe college. Within its own federation, the University of Toronto granted all but theology or divinity degrees. Since 1978, by virtue of a change made in its charter, the University of Toronto has granted theology degrees conjointly with Wycliffe College and other TST’s member institutions.

An Act respecting Wycliffe College, being chapter 112 of the Statutes of Ontario, 1916, was repealed and the Wycliffe College Act, 2002 was substituted. Wycliffe College’s Arms were registered with the Canadian Heraldic Authority on March 15, 2007.

The Wycliffe College Chapel sancturary features several stained glass windows including: `Our Lord“, `St. Paul`, `St. John` and `Timothy` by Robert McCausland Limited.

Concordia-IN

Concordia Theological Seminary

Founded in 1846, Concordia Theological Seminary is a graduate school institution of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS) whose central purpose is to prepare men for the pastoral ministry as well as men and women for other services in the church. The Seminary’s academic programs offers its students an understanding of the Christian faith that is Christ-centered, Biblically based, confessionally Lutheran and evangelically active. Students are taught by a distinguished faculty who are dedicated to equipping students to serve effectively in an ever-changing world. As a theologically conservative graduate institution, the Seminary emphasizes the study of the Bible and the Book of Concord and only ordains men for the ministry.

Both Concordia Theological Seminary and Concordia Seminary St. Louis are owned and operated by LCMS. Concordia Theological Seminary currently offers Master of Divinity (M.Div.), Master of Arts (M.A.), Master of Sacred Theology (S.T.M.), Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.), and Doctor of Philosophy in Missiology.

Rev. Dr. Lawrence R. Rast Jr. is the current president of the Seminary and Professor of American Christianity and American Lutheranism.

Concordia-MO

Concordia Seminary, St. Louis

Located in St. Louis, Missouri, Concordia Seminary exists to serve the Church and the world by providing theological education and leadership centered in the Gospel of Lord Jesus Christ for the formation of pastors, deaconesses, missionaries, chaplains, and church leaders of The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS). The Seminary is owned and operated by the 2,300,000-member Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod, and together with the Concordia Theological Seminary in Springfield, Illinois, it is the source of ministerial training for the LCMS. Since its inception, Concordia Seminary in St. Louis has provided more than 12,000 professional workers in the church.

Concordia Seminary is the second oldest Lutheran seminary. Moreover, it has been recognized for over a century as an important center for theological training for ministerial training and research. Concordia Seminary currently offers Master Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Sacred Theology, Doctor of Ministry and Doctor of Philosophy.

The current president of Concordia Seminary is Rev. Dr. Dale A. Meyer. He is also the Professor of Practical Theology.